- All athletes MUST have a current medical (on Special Olympics PA medical form) that runs through the end of the season. If an athlete’s medical is not up-to-date, the athlete WILL NOT be able to participate. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to this rule since it poses a safety risk to the entire program.
- An up-to-date medical must always be on file with the coach as well as sent to the program manager for filing.
- Medicals expire every 3 years however it is recommended that all athletes have a physical and update their medical form annually. Also please note that the medical form MUST be signed by an appropriate licensed professional
- Click here to download the Special Olympics PA medical form
- Protective Behaviors and Concussion training must be completed every three (3) years.
- Current volunteers can renew their online training for protective behaviors and concussion training by visiting the Special Olympics Pennsylvania’s Online Volunteer Portal. There you can see the status of your background clearances, the expiration date included and the status of any sports coach certifications you have attained. You can also change your contact information and password.
- Your User ID is the email address that you previously used with Special Olympics. If you have forgotten your User ID, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the “Forgot password” and follow the instructions to create a new password.